This SC No Epoxy Pre-Polished Mechanical Connector is perfect for quick field termination. Requiring very little time and minimal training, this connector is optimal for the field technician with any level of experience. Listed below are the simple steps for a quick field termination using our Pre-Polished Mechanical Connectors.
Quick Field Termination Guide
- Gather the required materials, these include; Housing, Fiber Conncting Holder, Boot Cover, and Screw Cap
- Place Screw Cap over the end of your fiber optic cable.
- Strip approximatly 40mm of the outer coating from the end of fiber optic cable.
- Strip approximatly 20mm of the inner coating from the fiber itself.
- Using a fiber optic cleaver, cleave 10mm of fiber.
- Insert the cable into the Fiber Connecting Holder until it begins to bend.
- While holding the cable steady, push the Connecting Holder to the end and fix the fiber.
- Close the Boot Cover and remove the excess strength yarn. Screw on the Screw Cap on to the end of the connector.
- Unite the Housing with the body.